Networker

[Networker] Renaming a server; question about clients

2013-06-14 16:00:21
Subject: [Networker] Renaming a server; question about clients
From: Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 15:53:20 -0400
So I need to rename my NW server next week (as if I didn't have enough to
occupy my time ... LOL). I have the procedure for renaming the server
somewhere (or maybe it's in the Procedure Guide; I will look). But what's
the best way of informing all the clients of the name change? Is there a
way to push out the change to all clients, form the NMC? I can't imagine I
would need to edit the \nsr\res\servers file on all my clients by hand (or
by writing some script to do it); there must be a better way.

Anybody know what that better way might be? These are all Windows clients,
BTW ...

--
Michael Leone
Network Administrator, ISM