Networker

[Networker] Tapes Marked Full Prematurely when Cloning

2013-06-14 16:08:19
Subject: [Networker] Tapes Marked Full Prematurely when Cloning
From: Eric Horn <ehorn AT CO.LUCAS.OH DOT US>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 15:51:39 -0400
I'm on version 8.0.1.4 of NW and the server os is CentOS 5.2 (32).

We have an HP MSL4048 Jukebox with 2 drives.   Up until earlier this year the
backups fit two tapes and then they were cloned and life was good.    Since we
have gone to 3 tapes, we are having more and more clone failures due to "tape
marked full prematurely".   I've gone down the support road with HP and did all
the firmware updates, tried new tapes, etc. to no avail.   I've opened up a
couple of tickets with EMC over the past few months (one is still open) and no
solution yet.

Here's the odd part (to me), I do a backup on friday and when the friday clone
fails, I can take those friday clone tapes and label them for monday as the
backup tapes and they hold the full amount.    Has anyone experienced anything
like this?

Thanks,

Eric