Networker

Re: [Networker] Renaming a server; question about clients

2013-06-17 19:26:48
Subject: Re: [Networker] Renaming a server; question about clients
From: Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 19:19:00 -0400
> I got one of our windows sysadmins to script the change for us ...
> I'm pretty sure the Networker installer restricts the permissions on
> the file so that only the Local System, and possibly members of the
> Local Admin group for that client have full control ...

My account is a member of the Domain Admin group, which should have enough
permissions. But I can't even see the "res" directly remotely.

> From memory the process that he used:
>    Copy a new servers file to a location on the server that was
> accessible to his admin account
>    Copy a script to the local server to the same location
>       This script would move the file into place (the nsr/res
> folder) and then restart the networker remote exec service
>    Remotely run the script as the local system account
>
> I'll see if I can post the script(s) a bit later
>
> Hope that this helps ..

If I can see a working example, and the procedure of how he/she executed
it remotely (psexec?), that would be a major help, thanks.

I even opened a shell prompt on the client (using "psexec \\client cmd"),
and even then, I couldn't change into the "res" folder, or even list it,
much less copy a new file into it ...