Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Could not stat - Windows permission problems

2008-07-17 18:32:06
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Could not stat - Windows permission problems
From: Arno Lehmann <al AT its-lehmann DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 00:31:31 +0200
Hi,

17.07.2008 22:51, Nils Blanck-Wehde wrote:
>   Unfortunately the problem remains even with disabled VSS.
> This job only works about every second time.
>
> How do I enable debug-logging on a windows-fd? where does it store the
> logfile?

In bconsole 'setdebug level=<level> client=<client-fd> trace=1'

I'd start with a debug level of 100.

The trace file should be generated in the working directory of the FD,
on my Vista installations it's in C:\ProgramData\Bacula\Work. It might
also appear in C:\ProgramData\Bacula - I didn't verify this recently.

The file is locked while the FD accesses it, so you might need to turn
off tracing before you can look into it with an editor.
"more<C:\ProgramData\Bacula\Work\Host-fd.trace" works, IIRC.

Arno

> Nils Blanck-Wehde schrieb:
>> Hi Lee!
>>
>> Thanks a lot! I will try that right away. You are right, I don't need
>> VSS for that job.
>>
>> I'll keep you posted!
>>
>> Nils
>>
>> Lee Verberne schrieb:
>>>
>>> I had almost exactly this problem, only my situation was even
>>> simpler.  I was doing a vanilla directory backup with 2.4.0 on
>>> Windows Server 2003 and every _other_ backup would result in the
>>> following:
>>>
>>> 07-Jul 19:04 fs-fd JobId 5: Generate VSS snapshots. Driver="VSS Win
>>> 2003", Drive(s)="D"
>>> 07-Jul 19:04 fs-fd JobId 5:      Could not stat d:/Shares: ERR=Access
>>> is denied.
>>>
>>> This would result in the same "Backup OK -- with warnings" as your
>>> output below.  It would fail reliably 50% of the time.  I did a naive
>>> test of VSS by running ntbackup several times and it succeeded every
>>> time, so I just disabled VSS with "Enable VSS = no" in the FileSet.
>>> All my backup jobs since have been successful.
>>>
>>> Since you're backing up dumped files, I don't imagine you need VSS
>>> anyway.
>>>
>>> -lee

Arno Lehmann
IT-Service Lehmann