Storage Rule Replication job hanging when completed

uffeg

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
http
Just tried even with forcereconsile=full and this is the result.

Job still running:

File spaces complete: 3435. File spaces identifying and replicating: 0. File spaces replicating: 0. File spaces not started: 0. Files current: 157,515,109. Files replicated: 9 of 9. Files updated: 12,470 of 12,470. Files deleted: 2 of 2. Amount replicated: 999 GB of 999 GB. Amount transferred: 411 GB. Elapsed time: 0 Days, 2 Hours, 8 Minutes.

Anyone who has experienced this too ?
Will need to open a case tomorrow. Stgpool util on source server is 102 TB and 155 on the repl target server.
Since the job never completes it seems the target server is never cleaned up. Expiration runs without any errors.

I have seen that one time before, did not make any case about it. Restart of instances seems to have fixed it in our case (at least I have not seen it happen again since).

Does it happen every time for you? For me it was like that for well over 2 days.

I have tried restart of instance several days in a row, it still hangs.

But IBM just updated the case with this:

Good morning

Development are aware of a potential hang with 8.1.19.05 applied and are working on a diag code.

Would you be happy to take the diag code? If so please confirm full os version and architecture for source and target server.

Kind regards

Lee Barron

Hmm okay, that is interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Not that interesting any longer ;)
Installed diag code. Re-ran the stgrule repl job. Still hanging forever when completed.
IBM's 8.1.19-code is so crappy.

We upgraded to 8.1.21.000 and also added hotfix: 8.1.21.001 since what we needed wasn't included in base version.
Started a new stgrul repl. Did it hang ? YES.
Cancel process. Did the sessions go away ? NOPE. Did the process end ? NOPE
So 8.1.21. with the fix 001 did absolutely nothing to help. Soon I will delete the stgpool in the target server and start a new one. :(

Back