Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] SQL Backups Status 2

2006-11-09 08:13:23
Subject: [Veritas-bu] SQL Backups Status 2
From: JMARTI05 at intersil.com (Martin, Jonathan (Contractor))
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 08:13:23 -0500
Use SQL Server's built in functionality to write backups to disk and
then pickup those files with file level backups.  Unless you have a
LARGE and UNWIELDY SQL Database that's your best option (and it saves
you the SQL Database Client to boot!)  Ok, that's just the way we do it
here.  But we do use it for everything from Voicemail to SMS, Antivirus
to Reports and it does the job even for our largest SQL Databases.
(<200GB.)  Everything larger than that is in Oracle.

-Jonathan