Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Recognise Media from NBU

2006-11-09 08:02:24
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Recognise Media from NBU
From: hkemp at lastminute.com (Henry Kemp)
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 13:02:24 +0000
If you want to work out which tapes are required for a restore either:

-- through the admin GUi in the Backup, Archive & Recovery pane
select the files to be restored as usual and before clicking on the
"Restore" button and it tells you which tapes you need
-- if you prefer the command line then you can use "bpimagelist -
media -U -client clientname -hoursago NN" if its the most recent
backup or use the "-e" and "-s" flags to specify start/end backup window

If you want to know what is on each tape then try "bpimmedia
media_number" that gives you a report of all the backup fragments and
their associated images on the tape. I wouldn't even think about
writing which backup images on the individual tapes - if you're
worried about importing swathes of tapes then it could be worth
saving a copy of "bpimmedia -m mediaid_number" whenever you remove a
tape somewhere safe so you've got a redundant version of what's on
each tape... You can then go back through these reports to which out
which tapes an image spans.

Rgds,

Henry