Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] No response concerning tape alert?

2006-02-03 09:13:46
Subject: [Veritas-bu] No response concerning tape alert?
From: GreenbergKA AT aetna DOT com (Greenberg, Katherine A)
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 09:13:46 -0500
Library scheduled here as well. We've had no issues.  If you have the
capability built into your library to schedule a time to clean drives
vs. after a certain number of mounts, I would go that way. We do ours in
the afternoons. When we had it set up to clean *after a certain # of
mounts*, we were getting a lot of errors b/c Netbackup would get 1/2 way
thru a backup and need another tape to finish it, kick the first tape
out, mount a cleaning tape and then get all pissy b/c the drive it
wanted to use was unavailable.

~Kate