Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Disk Suite vs. Veritas vol. mgr

2004-01-20 21:28:23
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Disk Suite vs. Veritas vol. mgr
From: brounb AT adi-limited DOT com (Broun, Bevan)
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 13:28:23 +1100
Many people have looked at both. See:

http://www.eng.auburn.edu/pub/mail-lists/ssastuff/sdsvxvm.html

I go with the same reasonings as David_Cornely AT intuit DOT com. In fact, for
my
master backup server, I have the OS and /opt/openv on disksuite mirrored
disks, which are backed up to a standalone DLT drive (that the solaris
install media can talk to) using ufsdump in addition to the standard
veritas NBU backup.

BB

on Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 08:44:42PM -0500, Coco, Samuel (Cont, ARL/CISD) <scoco