Networker

Re: [Networker] Q about automatically labeling tape based on barcode

2013-09-13 08:11:57
Subject: Re: [Networker] Q about automatically labeling tape based on barcode
From: Frank Swasey <Frank.Swasey AT UVM DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 08:06:57 -0400
Today at 1:08pm, Dag Nygren wrote:

I wouldn't expect problems with the old tapes even if you turn on "Match
barcodes". Not as
long as you don't try to relabel/recycle them. This as the setting is applied
during the
labeling process.

But I could be wrong...

Dag is correct. I converted to the "Match barcodes" several years ago. There are still some tapes that (even though their barcode is readable) are labeled in the old standards.

The problem will come when NetWorker decides to relabel a tape that has expired to use it again - if the label is not readable, I'm really not sure what will happen, but it will cause an error of some sort.