Networker

Re: [Networker] How to skip everything but certain files?

2009-05-28 02:52:30
Subject: Re: [Networker] How to skip everything but certain files?
From: A Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 06:43:35 +0000
On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 06:10:03PM -0400, George Sinclair wrote:
> Is it possible to set up a directive that would skip everything
> (recursive) under a directory except certain files, e.g. skip everything
> but .html files anywhere they exist?
>
> NetWorker's directives seem to be based on what to exclude, not what to
> include. Too bad you can't go the other way or use wild cards with save
> sets? Any possible way to use 'ignore' or 'forget' here? I can't think
> of one that would accomplish this.

>From the uasm(1m) man page:

    Note that once different modes are set, the only way to turn them
    off is to explicitly match an ASM directive for uasm.

I'd try something like this:

null: * .?*
uasm: *.html

> I have a directory (/data/dir1), and the only thing that will get
> updated might be some .html files. Everything else can be skipped.

If it's only one directory (and not subdirectories) you could use skip
instead of null.  But I'm afraid skip will stop descending directories,
so you couldn't see html files at lower levels.  That's just a guess
though.  I haven't played with how they descend in a while.

--
Darren