Networker

[Networker] Backup of a storage node fails

2009-04-06 01:17:16
Subject: [Networker] Backup of a storage node fails
From: kurianv <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 01:11:41 -0400
Hi,
We have Networker 7.2 running on windows. We have a storage node which is
located sumwat away from our site where there are 3 servers to backup. Usually
the network connection between our site and the storage node site is really
slow or sometimes even breaks . The problem what we notice is that when the
backup is initiated from backup server from our site and when the backup is
working normally for the storage node, when the network connection breaks or
becomes slow the backup fails marking the tape full in the storage node. I dont
know why this happens often. I know there is no problem with the tape library.

I dont know the exact logic behind this , because once the backup is initiated
from our backup server then why does the backup which is taking place in the
storage node fails.....Any ideas?

The errors what i get is listed below :

1) Lost network connection to host

2) RPC Network connection not available

and as a result it becomes media verification failes....

Your suggestions wud be valuable...

rgds,
kv