Networker

Re: [Networker] Install a remote Storage Node

2007-12-20 23:07:43
Subject: Re: [Networker] Install a remote Storage Node
From: Peter Viertel <Peter.Viertel AT MACQUARIE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 15:04:16 +1100
Nsrlcpd is started as a process on the storage node when the autochanger
is enabled...   You should go to devices in NMC - look under library
tree and right button on the library to see if you can Enable it...

If nsrlcpd doesn't start you might have an issue  with your storage node
config...

On the storage node you need both the client and storage node packages..
The servers file on the storage node has to have the server in it, maybe
that's not right...

For all your clients, you must have the *server* in their servers file -
not much value in having the storage node listed.

If all looks good - then perhaps the fact that fqdn's are being reported
in the log may point to an issue with dns - your client records -
including the client record for the sn should be unqualified names, the
fqdn's should be in the aliases list for the client though.

Networker is very touchy with dns because it relies a lot on dns reverse
lookups.

NOTICE
This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may contain copyright
material of Macquarie Group Limited or third parties. If you are not the
intended recipient of this email you should not read, print, re-transmit, store
or act in reliance on this e-mail or any attachments, and should destroy all
copies of them. Macquarie Group Limited does not guarantee the integrity of any
emails or any attached files. The views or opinions expressed are the author's
own and may not reflect the views or opinions of Macquarie Group Limited.