Networker

Re: [Networker] Tape offset

2005-11-16 11:16:06
Subject: Re: [Networker] Tape offset
From: "Rohrich, James" <James.Rohrich AT UOP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 10:12:53 -0600
The barcodes and volumes all exist as full tapes. When the tape is first
inventoried there is no problem but that is because the information
already exists in the media db. It is when the tape is loaded and
actually read that the problem is seen. It is something on the tape
itself.

H:\>mminfo -av -q barcode=M00029 -r volume,barcode,volaccess
 volume        barcode        vl access
Monthly.159    M00029        12/25/2004

When the tape is actually mounted in the drive, it will be rejected
since it will be reported as Monthly029. We have found this in two sets
of tapes. Maybe you can see what I mean by there being a problem with
the offset, since it picks up part of the barcode as part of the volume
name.

James Rohrich
UOP LLC
25 E. Algonquin Rd.