Networker

Re: [Networker] Moving NetWorker from SUN to HP

2002-08-23 09:18:33
Subject: Re: [Networker] Moving NetWorker from SUN to HP
From: Ty Young <Phillip_Young AT I2 DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 08:21:19 -0500
I've had issues with running NW on HPUX before, particularly with regard
to pass-through drivers for their SCSI cards and getting the library to be
seen by the OS.  The last time I attempted this, about a year ago, I
remember spending a couple of *days* looking for kernel updates and
patches on HP's website which were required before things would work even
partially correctly.

For this reason, and because Legato support personnel have told me that
they have a much easier time supporting NetWorker on Solaris than HPUX,
I've made it a policy at our company that all NetWorker servers will run
on top of Solaris 8 boxes.

Just my 2 cents...

-ty

Phillip T. ("Ty") Young, DMA
Backup/Recovery Systems Mgr.
Data Center Operations Group
i2 Technologies, Inc.

Johnny Rocker <johan.robinson AT PROACT DOT SE>
Sent by: Legato NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
08/23/2002 08:05 AM
Please respond to Legato NetWorker discussion; Please respond to Johnny
Rocker