Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] offsite backup

2010-08-06 13:15:11
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] offsite backup
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: pedro noticioso <cucnews AT yahoo DOT com>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2010 13:12:39 -0400
> I have a new bacula running and am wondering what do you recommend for an
> offsite backup, adding it to the current local storage.
>
> I was told by management that they dont want to worry if their servers get
> stolen.

I recommend a tape archive and a suitable container that you can
physically take the tapes offsite. However you probably are using
disk.

You could put a SD on a remote site if you want. You could also rsync
your storage volumes nightly. Both of these are highly dependent on
how much bandwith you have and how much your data changes per day.

John