ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TDP Flashcopy - restore to alternate location

2014-04-09 19:37:54
Subject: [ADSM-L] TDP Flashcopy - restore to alternate location
From: Paul_Dudley <pdudley AT ANL.COM DOT AU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 09:34:50 +1000
We have TSM v6.3. On two Windows 2012 64bit servers we have the TDP Storage
Flashcopy manager v3.2.1.0 client.

Both of these servers run MS SQL Server 2012.

I would like to restore databases backed up on one server to the other. The
databases are backed up using the "tdpsqlc backup * full" command, which runs
via Windows Task Scheduler.

To restore databases backed up on one server to the other I first change the
dsm.opt file in the TDPSql folder - making the nodename the node from which I
am restoring the databases from.

I then start the "DP for SQL Management Console" which in turn opens the TDP
Storage Flashcopy manager window.

My problem occurs when I select a database and then select "Restore Alternate
Location". In the settings window I click on "Restore to a new database",
however the option to relocate files individually is greyed out.

When restoring from other servers when I click on Restore to a new database I
see the green progress bar appear at the bottom of this settings window and
then TSM displays the location of the database file and log file on the source
server.

This does not happen on this occasion.

Is there a setting when trying to restore (or when backing up the original
files) that has to be changed? There is an option to relocate all the files to
one location however this is not suitable as the database file and log file
need to be restored to different drives.

Thanks & Regards

Paul

ANL DISCLAIMER

This e-mail and any file attached is confidential, and intended solely to the
named add
ressees. Any unauthorised dissemination or use is strictly prohibited. If you
received
this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by return e-mail
from your s
ystem. Please do not copy, use or make reference to it for any purpose, or
disclose its
 contents to any person.