ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Moving TSM instance to new hardware

2014-04-09 16:07:36
Subject: [ADSM-L] Moving TSM instance to new hardware
From: Kevin Kettner <kkettner AT DOIT.WISC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2014 15:02:24 -0500
I'm running 6.3.4 server on AIX. The server is getting to the end of
it's life so we're planning to replace the hardware. I have just about
everything related to TSM installed on SAN disk, besides the stuff that
gets installed in /usr. The last time I did a hardware swap was with TSM
5.5. The basic procedure was this:

1. Install the TSM software(exact same version) on the new hardware.
2. Shutdown TSM on the old hardware.
3. Export all volumes.
4. Rezone all SAN storage.
5. Import volumes on new hardware.
6. Start TSM.

I did that several times and never had any problems.

So I'm wondering if anyone has done something similar with TSM 6.x?

Thanks!

-Kevin