ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Assigning management class to VM backups

2014-04-04 19:56:11
Subject: [ADSM-L] Assigning management class to VM backups
From: Bill Boyer <bjdboyer AT COMCAST DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2014 19:55:58 -0400
I have a bunch of VM's that need to be handled differently than most of the
others being backed up. I created a mgmt. class for it and in the script
file used to run the dsmc backup vm -optfile=, I specified the -VMMC=. But
they did not get assigned to that class. I have different opt files for the
VM backups specifying the DOMAIN.VMFULL= of the ones I want to process. I
tried putting the VMMC in the opt file and still the don't get assigned
correctly. Is there an INCLUDE or something I also need to specific?

I have a lot of VM's that only need a once a week full backup, so I have
them spread out across each day. Each day has its own opt file with the
DOMAIN.VMFULL speicying the VM's for that day. I then have a .CMD file to
run the DSMC BACKUP VM command with -OPTFILE= for that day of week. I just
can't seem to get the VM's to be assigned to other than the default
management class. I don't want to have to create a whole new policy domain
and set of nodes for this.

Any help is appreciated as always.

Bill Boyer
DSS, Inc.
(610) 927-4407
"Enjoy life. It has an expiration date." - ??