ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM 7.1 upgrade path(s) on Windows

2014-04-03 12:42:18
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM 7.1 upgrade path(s) on Windows
From: "Ryder, Michael S" <michael_s.ryder AT ROCHE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2014 12:24:22 -0400
Hello Folks:

I'm preparing to upgrade our TSM 6.2.3 server to TSM 7.1 -- both are on
Windows.

It's a side-by-side upgrade, and if possible I'd like to leave the existing
TSM 6.2.3 environment alone during the upgrade, so that I can easily halt
the upgrade if I run into any problems.

I've been searching TSM documentation and the Internet for a few days now
and can't find anything reliable -- is there an upgrade path I can take to
let me do that?  I was hoping for something like... this -- copy database
files and configuration to brand new server... install 6.2.3, and then 7.1
over it.

Is there any documentation in this respect, best practices or good
community experiences?  Please relate to me anything you can share!

Best regards,

Mike Ryder
RMD IT Client Services