ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Exclude excludes too much

2013-03-27 04:52:15
Subject: [ADSM-L] Exclude excludes too much
From: Jens Bürger <jbuerger AT ARCOR DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 09:49:13 +0100
Hello everyone,

what I am trying to do is a rather simple task - I thought.

I just want to backup a whole Linux-system with TSM.

So I want to exclude all system-specific dirs and the TSM logs  (because
otherwise there will be an error because TSM writes to the files while
backing them up) from my (incremental) backup, but I especially want to
INCLUDE the rest of /var/...

My problem is: I tried a bunch of options and combinations, but no
matter what I set, TSM completely ignores /var then (and yes, I do not
forget to restart dsmc schedule after changing the option-file).

So these are the respective lines of my dsm.sys:

EXCLUDE.DIR     /proc
EXCLUDE.DIR     /sys
EXCLUDE.DIR     /dev
EXCLUDE.DIR     /tmp
EXCLUDE /var/log/tsm/schedule.log
EXCLUDE /var/log/tsm/error.log
INCLUDE /var/
PASSWORDACCESS  GENERATE
SCHEDLOGNAME            /var/log/tsm/schedule.log
schedlogretention  30 d
ERRORLOGNAME            /var/log/tsm/error.log
errorlogretention  30 d

Any help appreciated...

Jens