ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Litigation Issue

2013-03-26 17:06:05
Subject: [ADSM-L] Litigation Issue
From: "Vandeventer, Harold [BS]" <Harold.Vandeventer AT KS DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 21:04:06 +0000
I've just learned about a "keep everything" issue for 5 of our nodes related to
a pending litigation.

All are Windows servers, running TSM client 6.x, server is TSM 5.5.x.

Default mgmt class is to retain 3 versions, deleted for 30 days.

I'm looking for advice on how to quickly/easily keep all the files including
historical versions.

My read of GENERATE BACKUPSET refers to "active data"; that would put only
current files into the backup set but NOT include versions.  Correct?

Applying an option set with a filter for  "* no_expire_mgmt_class" might work.
Does that modify the expiration date of historical versions of a file or just
the current version?
Does that modify the expiration date for the "deleted" files that are going to
expire out within the 30 day period?

I also have a 6.2.4 TSM server in the environment.  Perhaps an export node to
that 6.2.4 server and get files into a Stg Pool where we don't process
expiration?

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance to all....

Harold Vandeventer
Systems Programmer
State of Kansas - Office of Information Technology Services
STE 751-S
910 SW Jackson
(785) 296-0631

[Confidentiality notice:]
This e-mail message, including attachments, if any, is intended for the
person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential
or privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, or disclosure
is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
the sender and destroy the original message, including all copies,
Thank you.