ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Windows 2012 and TSM 5.5

2013-03-26 10:42:48
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Windows 2012 and TSM 5.5
From: Zoltan Forray <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 10:40:38 -0400
>From this page:

http://www-01.ibm.com/software/sysmgmt/products/support/lifecycle/

I don't see an EOS for 5.5 - just 5.4 and older

Yes you are correct about the issue of "needing" a higher than 5.5 version
of a TSM server for the 6.3+ clients.  That being said, I had folks that
installed both 6.3 and 6.4 clients on W2K3 and W2K8 servers and backed up
to a 5.5 server, with no problems we are aware of.  Yes, it isn't a
supported configuration but if you don't have a choice, what do you do?

--
*Zoltan Forray*
TSM Software & Hardware Administrator