ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] bu single dir

2010-11-15 03:29:26
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] bu single dir
From: Steven Langdale <Steven.Langdale AT CAT DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 08:27:59 +0000
Why not just backup the whole machine at 23:45 and don't even use the
20:00 one.  Unless I'm misunderstanding you requirement?

Steven

Chris Lenssens <Chris.Lenssens AT SEZZ DOT BE>
14/11/2010 09:26
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
[ADSM-L] bu single dir

Caterpillar: Confidential Green Retain Until: 14/12/2010

Hi,

I'm not the TSM expert so I need some advice:

The daily schedule at 20:00 backups the 2 partitions of my W2003-server
except - so exlude.dir in dsm.opt - "D:\XYZ"; so far so good. That
single directory "D:\XYZ" (also content and subdirectories) must be
backup at 23:45 (than I can shutdown the database during 20 minutes). I
was thinking about a new schedule with a new opt-file but what should I
specify in that new tsm-file? Any - other - ideas/suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Chris