ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM6.1 on Linux

2009-07-08 09:59:53
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM6.1 on Linux
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 09:57:50 -0400
We did the same. Installed RedHat 5.3 on a fresh server with 2-mirrored
400GB SAS drives for the OS/DB/Logs and 8-1TB drives for the LZ.

While the install went without incident, the numerous problems with 6.1
have totally deterred us from making this a production system.  We are
eagerly waiting for 6.1.2 (and of course, the latest DB2) to see if we can
make this system usable.

The biggest headache we stumbled upon was the issue with the
transaction-archive logs (see my previous post about the requirements for
3-FULL DB backups).  This totally blew-away the space on the 400GB
filesystem.  Never had these problem with V5.x

This box is connected to the SAN to use the 6-TS1120 and 6-TS1130 drives
in our 3494, as a library client.  So far we have not seen any incidents
related to interaction with our 5-TSM 5.5.2.1 servers.