ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Automatically generated emails from TSM OR

2009-07-08 08:35:54
Subject: [ADSM-L] Automatically generated emails from TSM OR
From: Neil Schofield <neil.schofield AT YORKSHIREWATER.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 13:34:11 +0100
I just wanted to canvas opinions from anyone who uses Operational
Reporting to generate emails to client owners regarding the failure of
their schedules. Currently the only exceptions that are trapped are
'Missed' and 'Failed'. However Failed in this sense does not include
schedules whose entries in the events table have a status of, for example,
'Severed'.

I was wondering how many people were, like myself, under the
misapprehension that their users are being emailed about all failures.

I logged a PMR with IBM about this, but it looks like this may turn out to
be a design change request. At the moment I'd settle for generating emails
on any events meeting the same criteria as the EXCEPTIONSONLY=YES option
on QUERY EVENTS. As a client owner, it's the exceptions I'd be interested
in and not missed/failed schedules.

Regards
Neil Schofield
Yorkshire Water Services Ltd.

Ever wondered how your water works? - now you can see for yourself
with a tour of our water or waste water treatment works across
Yorkshire - click here
http://www.yorkshirewater.com/see-how-your-water-works.aspx to book
now.

The information in this e-mail is confidential and may also be
legally privileged. The contents are intended for recipient only
and are subject to the legal notice available at
http://www.keldagroup.com/email.htm Yorkshire Water Services
Limited
Registered Office Western House Halifax Road Bradford BD6 2SZ
Registered in England and Wales No 2366682