ADSM-L

Re: multiple nodes on one machine

1998-10-09 03:19:14
Subject: Re: multiple nodes on one machine
From: Krzysztof Murkowski <Krzysztof.Murkowski AT VOLKSWAGEN DOT DE>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 1998 09:19:14 +0200
Gary Lee schrieb:

> I would like to define two separate nodes for this machine.  One to
> manage weekly full backups, the other for continuous incrementals.

Hello,
I'm using adsm server 3.x, and defined to separated nodes and schedules
on client (one for AIX, second for DB2). The logic is to define to
separate *.opt files and run two schedules with different node names and
schedules.
I'm changing the second *.opt file (for DB2) using DSMI* variables.
Everything is run as root.

# more rc.dsmsched
dsmc sched
export DSM_DIR=/usr/lpp/adsm/bin
export DSM_CONFIG=/usr/lpp/adsm/bin/dsm_db2.opt
export DSM_LOG=/db2/SID/errors
dsmc sched

# more /usr/lpp/adsm/bin/dsm_db2.opt
Servername SIDdb2
passwordaccess generate

--
Krzysztof Murkowski
Krzysztof Murkowski

mailto:Krzysztof.Murkowski AT volkswagen DOT de