nv-l

Re: NT MLM not taking over polling

1999-08-20 13:12:57
Subject: Re: NT MLM not taking over polling
From: Muni Chatarpal <muni AT INS DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 12:12:57 -0500
I have added comminity Private on the NT box,  I verified TCP/UDP trap
reception , but the status monitor table is still blank.  Not sure what
else to check.  Thanks

settingsAt 10:27 AM 8/20/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Muni,
>I am running a NT MLM without any problems here.
>You may check the following:
>           on netview ensure you have added an entry in the snmp config
for the
>NT box.
>           ensure the community name is correct in the snmpd config for set
>community for the NT box
>           ensure you are managing the NT box from your netview
> On the MLM:
>          under mlm trap reception settings make sure you have enabled both
>TCP/UDP trap receptions.
>          check the trap destination table, if your netview hasn't put in his
>address, something is wrong
>          check the status monitor table, if not populated by netview,
this is
>bad also

Muni Chatarpal
Senior Network Systems Consultant
International Network Services
Houston Office: (713) 781-0300 Ext 122
EMail:  muni AT ins DOT com
EMail Pager:page_muni_chatarpal AT ins DOT com
http://www.ins.com