Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Is the veritas-bu list still alive?

2017-06-04 11:11:59
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Is the veritas-bu list still alive?
From: Bob <boblevy AT storageman DOT com>
To: David Rock <dave-bu AT graniteweb DOT com>,veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2017 10:11:54 -0500
Yes, Social gets a lot of attention, but email lists are still the best vehicle. I use Eudora for email and their list and moderator are the example of how a list can:
1. Be run with a great moderator (I call her the Queen of Eudora)
2..act as a source of knowledge as people are reporting new actions all the time (I have been using Eudora for 20 years and still learn from the list) 3. Problem solving. If someone on the list can not respond to a problem, then it is almost time to give up
    Actually, not give up but re describe the problem.  (99% success rate)
4. Eudora list is "email" and Eudora email is txt, makes searching simple.

wish there was a similar list for recovery/backup!

At 08:34 AM 6/4/2017, David Rock wrote:
* WEAVER, Simon (external) <simon.weaver.external AT airbus DOT com> [2017-05-30 05:38]:
> Is there a new list people are actively subscribed on?
> Simon

That was my thought as well.  There seems to be a general trend toward other
social media outlets for a lot of things instead of mailing lists.

Maybe NBU is just so easy now, nobody needs to ask any questions about it
anymore? ;-)

--
David Rock
david AT graniteweb DOT com

Bob Levy
Advanced Technologies Solutions Inc.
18628 Morris Ave.
Homewood IL  60430
(708) 799-6527 Voice
(708) 957-5921 Fax
(708) 205-5373 Cell

http://www.storageman.com
boblevy AT storageman DOT com
At the current rate of technology change...even the future is obsolete!