Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] HP Data Protector vs Veritas Net Backup

2015-12-22 10:18:13
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] HP Data Protector vs Veritas Net Backup
From: "Lightner, Jeff" <JLightner AT dsservices DOT com>
To: "VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU" <VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2015 15:18:08 +0000
Thanks for that info.

Just to clarify though.  If your master is also a media server (as it usually
is) you don't have to have a separate media server to talk to the non-NBU
appliances.

In our environment we have the master/media and multiple other media servers
that all use storage units defined using NFS mounts to the various appliances
we've used (DD, DXi and ExaGrid).  That is to say we can access each appliance
from all media servers rather than requiring a separate media server for each.

We don't use OST here because of the additional NBU license required so it may
be different in an OST setup.