Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup to VTL fast with first tape then slow thereafter

2011-06-20 18:49:40
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup to VTL fast with first tape then slow thereafter
From: "Valenze, Christopher" <chris AT batechp DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 18:49:33 -0400
I would try to isolate the problem.

Take two new tapes from the VTL.
Move them to a new pool
Create a test policy that backs up directly to the VTL and fills the two tapes.
See if that repeats the behavior of the second tape being.  This will tell you whether duplication is involved.
If the second tape is slow:
   expire all images on test tapes with bpexpdate.
Repeat the backup.
If the problem goes away then the VTL tape is only slow on the first write.  If not, you have a different problem.

Chris V.