Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] DD LSU question

2011-04-20 13:36:41
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] DD LSU question
From: "Mark Glazerman" <Mark.Glazerman AT spartech DOT com>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 12:36:29 -0500
We misread the guides when setting up our new dd670's about 6 months ago and
currently have 9 active LSU's.  Prior to using OST on our old DD's we had
multiple directories under /backup so we could easily keep tabs on the
compression and replication performance of the different apps or systems we
were backing up.  We setup the LSU's on our new dd670's using OST with the same
theory in mind and have not seen any issues with compression or performance so
probably won't be changing it.  As a side note, with our pre-ost setup we were
also successfully using CIFS and NFS simultaneously without realizing that,
technically, it wasn't supported either.

Mark Glazerman
Desk: 314-889-8282
Cell: 618-520-3401
 please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to