Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] FW: Full system restore on a MacOS X 10.4

2010-09-01 19:18:12
Subject: [Veritas-bu] FW: Full system restore on a MacOS X 10.4
From: "Conner, Neil" <neil AT mbari DOT org>
To: Veritas List <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2010 16:18:06 -0700
Got it worked out.  Turned out the starting point was a disk image that was more than a year old.  Some new applications had been installed and others upgraded during that time that needed to be captured in the restore, along with web content and other data files.  The thing to do for the restore job was deselect the Library and System folders (though we did need what was in /Library/WebServer).  Once we did that, the restore job ran to completion and the system came up clean after a reboot.  We finished up by applying the latest cumulative patch update for the OS and everything appears to be running well at this point.

Thanks to all who responded.

Neil