Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backup of SAP NetWeaver AS Java

2010-05-11 07:01:27
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backup of SAP NetWeaver AS Java
From: "Adrian Soetanto" <adrian.soetanto AT bentoel.co DOT id>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 17:59:29 +0700
Dear all,

I have a problem in database backup of SAP NetWeaver 7.00 AS Java (Oracle DB).
As i know, NetBackup (SAP Agent) uses BACKINT to connect to the SAP's BRBACKUP.
Since our SAP NetWeaver is AS Java system (not ABAP system), therefore I can't
execute the transaction code DB13 (which is available in SAP ABAP system) to
trigger/initiate the backup event to start.
So, my question is, how can I trigger/initiate the NetBackup SAP Agent /
BACKINT to start the backup of Oracle DB in SAP NetWeaver 7.00 AS Java?

Thank you in advance.

--
Best Regards,
  Adrian Soetanto