Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] TapeAlert Code: 0x1e, Type: Critical, Flag: HARDWARE A, meaning ?

2010-03-10 10:17:44
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] TapeAlert Code: 0x1e, Type: Critical, Flag: HARDWARE A, meaning ?
From: <judy_hinchcliffe AT administaff DOT com>
To: <mian71 AT gmail DOT com>, <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 09:17:00 -0600

Could be this

268 0x1e

    269 Hardware A

    270 Critical

    271 The tape drive has a hardware fault:\

    272 1. Eject the tape or magazine.\

    273 2. Reset the drive.\

    274 3. If the problem persists, call the tape drive supplier help line.

    275 The drive has a hardware fault that requires reset to recover.

Got it from here.

http://src.opensolaris.org/source/xref/samqfs/samqfs/src/utility/tapealert/tapealert.text