Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup 6.5 Catalog backup - Issue???

2009-07-23 11:03:21
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 6.5 Catalog backup - Issue???
From: Dennis Peacock <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 11:00:12 -0400
Mark,

We use the Catalog backup policy that is standard with Netbackup.

We push backups to VTL, DSSU, FSU, and tape. We have requirements for offsite
as well as onsite storage.
My issue is that we could not get the media pools back upone recovery at
Sungard.

BTW, we haven't figure out an inexpensive way to backup 4.1PB per month to disk
with most of it requiring 5 to 7 years retention. Got a spare Exabyte to disk
laying around??   [Wink]   [Laughing]