Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] 2 Masters and only 1 tape library - DR Exercise comingup

2009-06-29 15:11:28
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] 2 Masters and only 1 tape library - DR Exercise comingup
From: "Donaldson, Mark" <Mark.Donaldson AT Staples DOT com>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 13:08:17 -0600
You're not going to do it without partitioning the library.  Hints in
another thread suggest it might be possible by using a another software
package as an interface but stock Netbackup will limit you to having a
library connected to one, and only one, master server.

The Master Server holds your volume database, you can't have a tape in
more than one volume database.