Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Need Information about Catalog Backup and DR exercise

2009-04-23 13:51:01
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Need Information about Catalog Backup and DR exercise
From: fredsharky <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 13:47:47 -0400
We have an Enterprise Backup Solution (EBS) that has one master server and five
media servers and let's say 100 clients.

We want to be able to just pull a DR exercise on one of the clients.  We run a
catalog backup on the master and that is it.

Well if we do the exercise we will have to to a catalog dump of the whole EBS.

My question is this; is there a way to do just a catalog backup of just the
clients, the media servers and the master server.

Meaning this:
Run catalog backup of master - set it up at DR site
Run catalog backup of one media server - set it up at DR site
Run catalog backup of client - set it up at DR site

My goal here is to get away from having to build the whole EBS environment when
we just want to the exercise on one client.

Can anyone at least give me a better way to accomplish this.

Fred