Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Duplicating Image

2008-10-28 00:04:46
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Duplicating Image
From: Jim VandeVegt <vandevegt AT yahoo DOT com>
To: NetBackup Veritas <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 20:47:03 -0700 (PDT)
You have to launch the appropriate bpduplicate command with 'cron' or 'at' if on UNIX, Windows scheduler I guess if on Windows.

If you really need it to attempt the copy exactly 3 hours after a backup (I'm going to assume here) completes, you probably could utilize the end notify script to use 'at' to schedule the job for 3 hours later.

As far as I know, there is no way to schedule image duplication as you describe it using the NetBackup scheduler, except within a vault policy.

From: Roedy boy <roed212 AT yahoo DOT com>

Yes, you are right, but how to set schedule for the duplication job, for example 3 hours after backup job, what parameter should i setup?

thx
Roed