Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Upgradering to NBU 6.5.2 soon because of Windows 2008

2008-09-05 11:52:16
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Upgradering to NBU 6.5.2 soon because of Windows 2008
From: Jorge Fábregas <jorge.fabregas AT gmail DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 11:37:11 -0400
On Friday 05 September 2008 10:23:05 am Ed Wilts wrote:
> What makes you think it's going to be better?

They're working hard on all the 6.5.2 bugs and not necessarily new features.

> These aren't necessarily all issues.  There are a handful of issues for
> which there are fixes available *today*.

"Issues" that I would expect for a major or minor release (not a MP).

> This is not a global problem.  Because it won't run for you doesn't mean
> the product is broken (it may be, but we can't conclude that yet).
> Vault works fine for us.

I didn't say the product is broken.  My experience with VAULT started
happening just after 6.5.2 and I'm pretty convinced is related.  This is MY
experience.

> So you've identified 2 issues for which fixes are available - and have been
> for quite a while - and one issue that you haven't even logged a case on
> yet.  That's hardly a convincing reason to wait for a release that we have
> no experience with.

Ed:  He asked for other people's opinion on 6.5.2 and that's what I did.  At
least I gave mine.   I think he will be smart enough to reach the right
conclusion on what's best for his scenario based on what other people here
say and what's available in other forums (which I told him).

--
Jorge