Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NDMP three-way problem

2008-06-27 13:57:37
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NDMP three-way problem
From: "David McWilliams" <davidkmcw AT gmail DOT com>
To: "NetBackup List" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 13:22:05 -0400

Got a problem with Veritas v5 NDMP.  This is the scenario:

Working Win2k Veritas NetBackup Server for all non-ndmp backups.

Tape jukebox connected via SCSI to Win2k NetBackup Server

NetApp filer server needs to be backed up over network via NDMP

Attempting to connect Filer via 3-way NDMP.  Created and verified NDMP authorization via set_ndmp_attr.  I am trying to add the robot controller with this command:

set_ndmp_attr -robot winservername tld 0 0 0      --- where winservername is our win2k backup server

When I perform 'set_ndmp_attr -verify winservername' it is unable to find the robot controller.

Windows lists the robot device as 'port 3 bus 0 target 0 LUN 0'. set_ndmp_attr -robot wants 'controller SCSI_ID LUN'.  I have tried 0 0 0 and 3 0 0 and various device names (tld tld(0), etc) all with no luck.  Any ideas how to get the right device information on a windows machine?

Sl�te,

David

Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
- Terry Pratchett, Discworld