Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Is NBU 6.5 support AMD Opteron running Solaris 10 x86 ?

2008-03-11 11:03:36
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Is NBU 6.5 support AMD Opteron running Solaris 10 x86 ?
From: "ssloh" <ssloh AT singnet.com DOT sg>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 22:34:41 +0800
Hi folks,

The reason I ask because I managed to install NBU 6.5 on Solaris_10 x86 into
X4100M2 which using AMD Opteron BUT

# isainfo -kv
64-bit amd64 kernel modules

Problem : devfsadm: driver failed to attach: sg
Warning: Driver (sg) successfully added to system but failed to attach
WARNING: /usr/sbin/add_drv failed.
         There may be no SCSI devices on this machine

When I try to manually
# add_drv sg
devfsadm: driver failed to attach: sg
Warning: Driver (sg) successfully added to system but failed to attach

>>From the #cfgadm -al I can see the changer and tape drive connected to C4
>>with SDLT6000 LVD/SE
Detected /dev/rmt/0xx
Changer map to c4:scsi/changer/c4t1l0d0 and tape drive map to c5:rmt/0
#sgscan NOT OUTPUT
#sg.install failed with above same error

This is a new setup.
Just double-confirm with folks if NOT supported then I just have to tell them
NOT supported. Want to be sure :)

Thanks