Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Exclusions

2008-02-08 15:46:54
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Exclusions
From: Rusty.Major AT sungard DOT com
To: shazari AT gmail DOT com, veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 14:31:37 -0600
You'll need to investigate which files are being skipped and determine if you or your users need them backed up. Some files may not be necessary, but some of these, undoubtedly, within this directory may be required by your users and/or for proper recovery of the applications.

If some files are constantly open, such as Outlook .pst files, you should talk to your users because if they are always open, they aren't getting backed up, and therefore can't be restored.

-Rusty