Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Domino ( lotus notes ) on Windows

2007-11-05 08:01:49
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Domino ( lotus notes ) on Windows
From: Bluejay AT fujigreenwood DOT com
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 07:49:55 -0500
> We are running Lotus Notes on a Windows Intel box. The server is a
Compaq G5.
> We are backing up 400 - 500 GB every night of mail files. The daily
> & weekly backups are doing
> disk backup - data de-duplication. The backup through put is 6
> mb/sec to 6.5/mb/sec.
> The monthly backups are going to LTO2 tape. Getting may be 7 mb/sec to
tape.

> Either way backups are taking to long. ( 16 -18 hours ).
> Any one have any creative ways I can get backups in a shorter
> window? Looking for some
> ideas to get the window down by 50% - 75%.

Are you backing up directly to tape or are you going over the network?

We back up about 125gb of Notes mail files directly to LTO3 from our
Linux-based server and average about 45mb/sec, using the Notes agent in
Netbackup 5.1MP5. Proliant DL385.

                                                                      -
Bluejay Adametz

"Money talks, but it can't sing and dance,
 and it can't walk"
 - Neil Diamond