Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] TS1120 drives with encryption using the Volume Pool ID

2007-08-01 16:23:02
Subject: [Veritas-bu] TS1120 drives with encryption using the Volume Pool ID
From: Kenny <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2007 13:02:27 -0700
I have a request to use the NetBackup Volume Pool ID to trigger a policy within
the IBM key manager.

For example; If I have a NBU Volume Pool named "Bank Data" I would like any
jobs that kick off that are in that volume pool to trigger the TS1120 drive to
fetch a certain key from the IBM key manager. If I have another Volume Pool
that is named "Client Data" I would like that to trigger the IBM key manager to
use another key. This way I would not have to worry about barcodes and I could
automatically trigger the right key for the right information..

My Question is whether the Volume Pool ID is written to the header of the tape?
If not what data is written to the tape that can identify pools or other
NetBackup info?

Thanks In advance,

Pat Kenny