Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Vaulting - End Vault processing

2007-07-11 14:11:06
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Vaulting - End Vault processing
From: J Brandon Russell <J_Brandon_Russell AT progressive DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 13:56:57 -0400
I am working on reducing the time of our vault process for a large shop,
(over 1500 clients).  We are running 6.0 MP4 and we break the vault into 2
parts, multiple duplication profiles and then 1 eject profile.  I noticed
that after the duplication jobs Netbackup does some end of job processing
which can take 1-2 hours to process, which holds up the eject profile.
Does anyone know what this process does, and anyway to streamline it?

J Brandon Russell