Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] set_ndmp_attr question

2007-05-03 12:26:27
Subject: [Veritas-bu] set_ndmp_attr question
From: tom.tschida at guidant.com (Tschida, Tom (STP))
Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 11:26:27 -0500
I see there's been a wave of NDMP questions lately, so I thought I'd
join in too.

I'm trying to set up NDMP 3-way backups with NetApp filers.  I've
successfully configured the primary filer, but I keep receiving Status
99 errors for the 3rd party filer.  The detailed status shows:

Error bptm (pid-2220317) NDMP attribute lookup failed - verify
attributes with set_ndmp_attr

I ran

set_ndmp_attr -auth $filer_name $user_name $encrypted_passwd

and

set_ndmp_attr -verify $filer_name

for all filers and received a successful login response.

Do I need to stop and start the daemons after running the above
commands?  Any other ideas?

Thanks much!

Tom Tschida
Guidant Corporation