Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Vaulting

2006-11-12 15:32:20
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Vaulting
From: backupicici at gmail.com (Veritas Netbackup)
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 02:02:20 +0530
Hi,

Well if you have a huge volume of data, then its imperative that you have a
dedicated resource for backup operations and administration.

Vault will definitely help you manage the offisite backups as it rolls out a
eject list of tape ids, after duplication, which you can deliver offsite.

We use it for VTL to Physical tape duplication, the vaults are confiured to
duplicate images which match a certain criterion and report the media ids
used in the process.

And yes ED's right, given the right config and management practices, its
really a precious feature.

Regarding licences, just a give a phone call to Veritas licensing dept.

http://www.symantec.com/enterprise/contact_sales.jsp

And also some partner contacts in Quatar, search via link

http://partnerlocator.symantec.com/public/search/

You shd be able to get a trial license with their help.

Regards,
BIJU KRISHNAN