Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Linux Media Server + Win2K3 Master

2006-10-27 11:46:42
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Linux Media Server + Win2K3 Master
From: brooksje at longwood.edu (Brooks, Jason)
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 11:46:42 -0400
I've discovered the contributing factor to this, but can't find out why.

With the added test Linux Media Server, if I set the storage unit to be
used by only that Media Server, it won't mount a tape, reporting that
the "Tape Media server is not active".  If it's set to any available,
the job will run, but not by the Linux media server.  So far, any job
ran to use the Linux storage unit are sourcing from the master server.
Additionally, what I'm trying to back up is a NDMP device, and if I try
to create a NDMP storage unit, the Linux media server isn't even
available.

So, it seems that I'm missing something.  Suggestions while I go off and
dig through the Nix Admin Guide?

Thanks,
Jason