Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Is there a similar email forum for LegatoNetworker....I know this is sacra religious

2006-08-15 10:03:25
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Is there a similar email forum for LegatoNetworker....I know this is sacra religious
From: jlightner at water.com (Jeff Lightner)
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 10:03:25 -0400
HP has itrc.hp.com for its customers for HP-UX, Linux and all their
software offerings.  Most folks using HP Data Protector (I'm assuming
this is the newest name for the old Omniback) probably use that list.
In fact prior to itrc.hp.com most HP admins used a mailing list called
Dutchworks which is still active but doesn't have quite as much going on
as it used to have.

"has and requires" makes it sound like you disapprove of Netbackup.  My
experience is that Netbackup is the number 1 backup tool for enterprise
environments whether they use Solaris, HP-UX, Windows or what have you.
You see a high level of activity here due to the number of installations
rather than to any intrinsic failing of the product.  Obviously it's not
a perfect product but what is?

Interesting to me is your gmail address.   Makes me wonder if we would
have seen a .legato.com or .hp.com on your real one.  :-)